Job Title: Business Development Manager, Environmental and Food Safety
Location: Midwest (Preference MN/IL)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The scope of this position is to develop and execute LSMS, GC, GC/MS, ICP and ICPMS instrument sales across the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division in the environmental and food safety markets. This includes responsibility for key account and problem account management and customer satisfaction.
What will you do?
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Field Applications team, R&D and direct Sales Reps.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent experience required. MBA a plus.
- 3-7 years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Solid understanding of the Environmental and Food Safety testing market is desired.
- Willingness to travel 50-60% throughout Midwest, U.S.
- Must live within the territory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- General Analytical Instrument product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of LC/MS-MS, GC/MS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS and AA instrument business.
- Successfully manages subjective decision-making.
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- Strong Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry background desired.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Effective time utilization.
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities.
- Effective listener.
- Customer focus.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join