When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Software Development, Maintenance and Support
- Develop and maintain the FTO and IP survey software according to best practices in the software industry. Perform regression testing for each major update to ensure a high level of reliability. Assist in code development, defect fixes, and new feature development. Refactor and improve the existing code base as needed. Assist in implementing fixes and features, testing and verifying the updates.
- Release all software updates, including release documentation, creating, packaging and verifying installers, maintaining the download site, and providing notification to the user base. Manage defect reports and new feature requests.
- Develop and maintain user documentation, including a quick start guide, comprehensive context-based help and frequently-asked questions (FAQ) guide. Make updates as required based on feedback from the user base. Train and support users as required.
Intellectual Property Landscape Analysis
- Assist product managers, project managers and IP staff as needed on assigned IP landscape analyses.
- Create scripts to automate portions of the software based on user feedback.
Administrative and User Support for Patent Search Tools
- Assist corporate IP staff in managing our company subscription to the LexisNexis Total Patent search engine and database (or other search engine and database) as required. Provide training and support to our users throughout the company, including initial user training and recommended best practices for searching databases. Interface with the supplier as needed to answer questions from our users and report defects.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join