About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Carry out standard operating procedures involving materials measurement, materials handling and inventory control, equipment operation and record keeping necessary to manufacture product batches as instructed.
- Record keeping includes but is not limited to Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Maintain accurate inventory of products and inventory records using the Materials Resource Planning tools (i.e. issuing materials to workorders, completing products to inventory, kitting, closing, transfers, returns, expensing of raw materials, WIP and finished product).
- Complete production and quality analysis of reagents, components and finished products in accordance with the Production Schedule.
- Communicate manufacturing problems to Manufacturing management and the team and assist in identifying variables and offering resolutions.
- Keep Manufacturing Supervisors and team members informed on the status of assigned production processes. May train other team members on techniques and processes.
- Complete all batch data records completely, according to Invitrogens.
- Quality Systems standards as required.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of personnel in the manufacturing area.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required to communicate work status and problems.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of applicable Thermo Fisher manufacturing process and Standard Operating Procedures and the ability to consistently and accurately follow procedures.
- The job encounters semi-routine work situations of limited scope and complexity where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. The incumbent normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- In addition, schedule flexibility is a must as there are future plans to move the schedule to a later start time.
- Experience with SAP, SOP revisions and proficiency in Word/Excel are desired.
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s degree in a science or technical field preferred
- Technical training in manufacturing preferred.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join