Job Title: Sr. Director, Commercial Europe and Africa, Chemical Analysis Division (CAD)
Reports To: VP, Global Commercial, CAD
Position Location: Europe
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) business is involved in material and chemical identification via Elemental Analysis; as well as Environment & Process Monitoring. It comprises the following Business Units: Minerals & Mining; Field and Safety Instruments and Environmental & Process Monitoring. The CAD business in Europe and Africa is about USD $130 million and has a projected organic growth rate in the 3-5% range.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for business development of the CAD business in the region, to attain the revenue / profitability targets and market share goals. He / She will drive business growth particularly on key opportunities for the Division.
The role holder will actively pursue the generation of the CAD business by working with the CAD Business Unit (BU) commercial leaders and teams in the region, and the engagement of the local sales channels.
The Commercial Director will also drive channel optimization for the Division, revenue synergies amongst the CAD BUs as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific Divisions in the region.
The Commercial Director is expected to coach, guide and direct the CAD BU Commercial Leaders and team in the region.
- In conjunction with the CAD BU commercial leaders in the region, develop and execute the business plans for CAD in the region
- Achieve or exceed annual Operating Plans for revenue for CAD in the region
- Identify new market segment, new application, new channel or project partner to drive growth in the region
- Develop plans and strategies to develop channel partners to meet / exceed targets, including driving channel partner optimization, improving distributor network and coverage
- Drive revenue synergies across the CAD BUs and across all other Thermo Fisher Scientific BUs in the region; Europe and Africa.
Measurement of Performance
- Achievement of KPIs including monthly sales targets for CAD in the region
- Revenue growth and New deal generation
- Improvement of Customer Allegiance scores
- Synergies across CAD BUs in the region
- Team management effectiveness
- Ability to navigate effectively in a complex and matrix organization.
- Bachelor of Science of Engineering (or related discipline) required; Masters or advanced degree desired
- Experience in capital equipment sales in the industrial market preferred
- Prior experience in managing distributors essential
- Track record of excellent sales achievement
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to develop and maintain professional and professional relationships with key business partners and customers positively impacting business growth
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies
- Experience working in a global complex matrix environment
- Strong influencing skills, and the ability to forge strong positive working relationships with Business Units, Division and Regional leadership teams
- Experience in European and African markets preferred
- Fluent in English, with a second language suited to region
- Willingness to travel internationally for up to 50% of the time
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join