When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Understand and drive current knowledge of import/export policies and procedures, be proficient in writing processes to maintain global compliance: understand existing and new products to ensure correct classifications. Work with suppliers and customs brokers to maintain databases to avoid delays in clearances. Be the face of the company to the customers. First and last contact for order tracking
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-driven, customer focused individual who works well in a fast-paced environment and accepts the challenges of a cutting edge technology new product development company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the first and last line of contact between the customer and the factory
- Track orders from booking through delivery and provide progress reports to customers as predetermined milestones are met
- Attend relevant meetings (production, sales, engineering)
- Interface with all internal departments to answer customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Document processes for customer reporting. Use PPI as required
- Establish and maintain import/export policies and procedures
- Understand the differences in the various IncoTerms .
- Identify needs cross-functionally to address supply or demand issues, customer requests beyond policy boundaries
- Coordinate with import/export agencies globally
- Interface with insurance agency for non FCA shipping terms
- Work with MSD international teams to ensure best import/export practices are followed
- Interface with sales team to ensure all requirements are met and all documents are in place prior to shipments (import licenses, letter of credit, point of export/import etc)
- Conduct cross-functional training sessions and internal process audits to ensure compliance and deploy countermeasures as required
- Work with PPI steering committee to identify process improvements within the import/export functional area, implement solutions and monitor results
- Take training courses to keep up to date with the latest Import/Export requierments
- Associate’s Degree or 5 years or more related work experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Efficient time management ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communications
- PC literacy. Experience with Salesforce,com a plus
Travel – approximately 10%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join