As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) develops, manufactures, supplies and supports solutions for the clinical diagnosis of infectious disease and the detection of bacterial contamination in the food and pharmaceutical industries. We serve public health and clinical laboratories, food companies and pharmaceutical laboratories with high quality products which include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing and market-leading food safety molecular solutions. Our 2,000+ dedicated employees are focused on providing our customers with consistently exceptional service. Headquartered in Basingstoke, England with over 20 sites worldwide.
The Manufacturing Manager position is responsible for the organization and coordination of manufacturing activities and the management of employees in the Quality Control Organism production department and the Dehydrated Culture Media department. Reports to the Tubes Value Stream Manager and has a team of 15-28 Direct reports.
· Manage conflict to resolve issues effectively.
· Use Lean tools to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance.
· Use Project Management tools to implement plans to increase efficiency and decrease waste.
· Communicate and coordinate activities with other departments that work closely with production.
· Provide employees with the tools necessary to work in a safe, efficient, and effective work environment that promotes employee empowerment.
· Manage the departments using the core values of intensity, integrity, innovation, and involvement.
· Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations for employees, their health and safety, and compliance to Food and Drug Administration regulations.
· Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Microbiology, Biology, Business Administration, or a related field
· Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience
· Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
· 5 or more years of manufacturing experience
· Working knowledge of current FDA Quality System Regulations 21 CFR Part 820.
· Leadership in core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work experiences
· Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO.
· Knowledge and experience with Lean Enterprise tools Knowledge and experience with Project Management tools
· Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
· Ability to interact in a team environment with a customer-focused approach and aptitude for continuous improvement serving internal and external customers.
· Strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join