When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
People management position for the Finished Goods Manufacturing department. In this department, reagents and kits are formulated and packaged. The products are used for labeling and detection in cell biology, molecular biology, proteomics, immunology and biochemistry.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the overall production activities of the formulation, packaging and assembly teams to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers, including trouble shooting of technical and process issues (material solubility, in-process testing etc) on the manufacturing floor, resource allocation and schedule prioritization
- Accountable to meet production, quality, and financial goals and objectives. Recognizes opportunities for increased speed, efficiency or flexibility and effectively advocates change to accomplish them while adhering to quality and safety guidelines
- Align with cross functional business partners on tactical issues that may impact the success of the business or satisfaction of the customer
- Establish and track key performance indicators to monitor the health of the business, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Checks manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure efficient workflow is maintained
- Ensure that team develops and/or maintains documentation and processes in compliance with QMS
- Review and approve batch data records. Audit and track accuracy of batch data records. Review and approve changes to existing documentation for the team's products.
- Review work order variance reports and close work orders for accounting. Generate basic ERP system reports
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, leveraging tools such as Lean, PPI, Kaizens, and Six Sigma
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates
- Responsible for the hiring and on-boarding of quality candidates exemplifying desired leadership behaviors and technical skills
- Define clear roles and responsibilities for each team member and hold them accountable
- Build a high-performance work team by empowering employees to grow and develop in their role and career development, addressing opportunities, and celebrating team successes
- Conduct regular 1x1 meetings with employees to align on priorities, address questions or concerns, and provide feedback
- Write performance evaluations and determine compensation of direct reports. Develop team members through active coaching and mentoring; ensure career development plans are in place and current
- Job encounters diverse work situations involving a moderate degree of complexity.
- Ensure adequate staffing level to safely manufacture products of high quality to meet customer demand
- First-pass troubleshooting for the team's products. CAPA resolution. Reconcile Cycle Count discrepancies. Ensure that technical decisions and conclusions are data-driven and statistically sound when needed
- Regularly interactions with manufacturing management team on matters concerning specific products or areas
- Direct and control the activities of multiple projects and personnel. Act as advisor to direct reports to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Manage the execution of special projects as assigned by Operations management
- Ensure that new and existing employees are trained appropriately. Assist in the training of new shift personnel, as required. Maintains training matrices
- Manage at team of up to 20 direct reports in the activities of the department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees
- May be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinate supervisors, or employees, or may manage highly skilled professional employees
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in in life sciences field, chemistry preferred
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing/operations environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year with demonstrated people leadership skills, previous experience in a supervisory or team lead capacity preferred
- Must have experience in continuous improvement
- Must have a good understanding of QMS systems
- Must have strong technical knowledge of chemistry and biology to be able to trouble shoot technical issues on the shop floor
- Strong ERP system knowledge and capabilities, including performing all necessary transactions.
- Must be highly effective at communicating to peers, direct reports, and manager. Responsible for project updates, communications, as well as ensuring that timely and effective decision points occur with appropriate stakeholder involvement
- Ability to gain agreement on project objectives and timelines. Ability to negotiate required resources with functional Team Leaders. Ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- Exhibits knowledge of and adherence to departmental safety practices
including the use of PPE
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join