Office based Junior Service/Support Engineer
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Life Sciences Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific (Formerly Life Technologies) currently has a vacancy for an experienced (junior-level) office based Support/Service Engineer to work primarily in our Monza office. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at an exciting time of growth of the company.
- First line contact with customers to troubleshoot runs, instrument hardware, software and computer-related problems over the phone and emails focusing on Ion Torrent instruments
- Triage function between Technical Service and Application Support by qualifying inquiries and addressing customer’s needs in resolving them
- Contributes to achieve specific Global Service & Support (GSS) related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. - while complying with internal rules and practices
- Works closely with Support and Field Service Engineers to prioritize all activities
- Delivers professional Support and Service activities in order to provide an optimum support to all the local customers to achieve loyalty
- Acts within general Service and Support policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Identifying training and service leads for the GSS organization
- Identifying sales leads and passing to the sales organization
- Provides responsive telephone/emails support and generally works to ensure that customer is successful in the use of Instrumentation.
- Assures the professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty to our company.
- Ensures response times are met when contacting customers in line with contractual requirements.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service and support manager, colleagues).
- Supports service and support colleagues by accessing customer experience center instruments where appropriate.
- Assures that its own activities are in line with the activities of the rest of the local commercial organization (sales & support) and informs customers of company's other product and services.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Professional background in life science, biology, clinical engineering or related subjects.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Computer literate including Linux, Python command line.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Next Generation Sequencing Application knowledge, Ion Torrent preferably
- Laboratory experience to include knowledge in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with related instruments and applications background (e.g. ION) is essential. Experience in Clinical / Biomedical / Electrical Engineering *
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Problem-solving ability
- Fluent Italian & English Language skills
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Office based function.
- Valid passport holder
- Driving license is required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join