When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
Location/Division Specific Information
Newington NH is the R&D arm for the Temperature Control business of Laboratory Equipment Technologies
How will you make an impact?
The candidate will support the design and manufacturing of Temperature Control equipment with specific responsibilities to performing verification of this equipment through testing as well as overall management of the engineering lab. The candidate will also be responsible for the coordination and scheduling of lab activities.
What Will You Do:
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, and counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
· Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
· Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.o
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Work with cross-functional project teams to assure smooth production release of new products
· Work with Product Optimization Engineering to assure smooth release of product enhancement efforts such as manufacturing and quality concerns/issues
· Work with compliance to assure timely release of product compliance efforts such as testing for UL, CSA, CE and SEMI updates.
· Develop and maintain workflows and scheduling of laboratory testing to support the TC business.
· Coordinate lab personnel activities.
· Set up tests on equipment including: instrumentation, process and facility fluid loops, DAQ systems, environmental chambers, sound and vibration testing, UL witness testing
· Strong attention to detail on accuracy of data collection and test preparation of equipment being evaluated.
· Typical testing includes: fluid pumping systems, refrigeration systems (air and water cooled), laboratory baths, electrical systems/motors, and various electromechanical devices.
· Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office, CAD skills (Solidworks) are a plus.
· Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
· Perform all job duties consistent with the ThermoFisher Scientific Code of Ethics and 4-I Values
· Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
· Participate in Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
How will you get here?
· B.S. preferred.
· Minimum 3 years relevant engineering tech experience with similar laboratory or industrial equipment.
· Leadership experience preferred
· Academic or professional experience with refrigeration or chillers strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· The ability to manage scheduling of testing and develop processes
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments
· Ability to lead a cross functional project team
· Ability to travel as required, <10% of the time
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join