Gene Synthesis Account Development Assistant: Glasgow
If you have a keen interest in biotechnology, you’ll appreciate that gene synthesis and recent advancements in genome editing through CRISPR and TALENS are proving invaluable to scientists tackling some of our world’s most challenging issues; food shortage, green energy and cancer therapy. As a service provider and key player in tool generation for this space, do you want to be part of our journey into the future?
The Account Development Assistant is a new office based commercial position created to support our Synthetic Biology Technical Sales Specialists. Working methodically within our team, you will take a structured approach to drive growth of our gene synthesis business in the UK and Nordic market. This role offers an excellent introduction into biotechnology sales for a newly graduated BSc/MSc within Life Sciences who has an interest in developing commercial experience.
By supporting the synthetic biology team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will get the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting services within biotechnology. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position. This short term supporting role was created to boost our synthetic biology technical sales specialist’s productivity and customer contact hours. Scope for progression has been planned for a successful candidate able to learn quickly, commit to self-learning and deliver results both individually and in collaboration with the TSS and account management teams. The position is office based offering some field based experience.
Your immediate objective will be to improve our gene synthesis customer experience by reducing quotation time and query response rate. A fully operational Account Development Assistant will own a sales target to deliver growth through improved quote conversion rate, upselling, cross selling, prospecting and lead generation through methodical account mapping and carefully crafted customer introductions. The impact of your efforts must ultimately generate growth to the total Synthetic Biology number; both directly and indirectly through maximizing TSS productivity and increasing customer contact time.
Improve Gene Synthesis customer experience
- Support the TSS and account management team members with gene synthesis quotations
- Work internally (customer services) to reduce quotation time
- Work externally to improve quotation accuracy
- Provide customer support for gene synthesis ordering / portal training and use opportunity to upsell
- Upsell additional services during quote generation and portal support
- Improve quotation conversation rate by monitoring customer ordering activity
- Capitalize on opportunities captured through marketing campaigns
- Identify gene synthesis opportunities from historical sales data
- Collaborate with TSS / AM to execute account focused cross selling campaigns
- Identify new gene synthesis customers through account mapping
Maximize TSS productivity
- Capture new opportunities through account mapping and personalized introductory messages
- Introduce and set up technical consultations for TSS to improve customer contact time
- Drive growth by working in collaboration with TSS, field and inside sales team members
Education: BSc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field (or the equivalent knowledge and experience). Demonstration of good molecular biology knowledge preferred.
Some laboratory experience preferred; cloning, PCR, protein expression and micrscopy.
Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Previous sales experience within Thermo Fisher and effect use of Siebel / EDW required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join