When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Staff Microelectronics Packaging Engineer is responsible for developing concepts and design of parts used in solid-state cameras. As part of the Research and Development/Engineering team, this individual is also responsible for assessing new mechanical components/products and building prototypes and turning these ideas into designs. The Staff Microelectronics Packaging Engineer will also be involved in developing packaging concepts for the image sensors used in the camera system. This individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, new product development environment. This is a Hands-On position.
What will you do?
- Provide technical expertise regarding microelectronic packaging design to engineering project teams.
- Design and detail complex electro-mechanical assemblies using CAD tools.
- Support Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) techniques.
- Ensure that documentation completely and correctly records the design intent including:
- Bill of Material accuracy
- Drawing accuracy and completeness
- Assembly documentation
- Specification sheets
- Other documents related to the product or component
- Prototype complex components and assemblies e.g., construct mock-ups of camera assemblies.
- Ensure that designed components and assemblies achieve the prescribed functional and technical specifications.
- Ensure that the designed components and assemblies achieve the prescribed manufacturability, reliability, serviceability, and cost requirements.
- Ensure that the designed components and assemblies comply with regulatory requirements where appropriate.
How will you get there?
B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field. M.S would be a plus
- Minimum 6 plus year’s experience electronics packaging.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working with 3-D CAD Solid Modeling using SolidWorks.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with die attach methods.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in ultrasonic wire bonding.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with hermetic sealing techniques including RGA measurement, helium leak detecting, laser welding, getter selection and use.
- Experience in thermal management of microelectronics.
- Understanding of FR4 circuit board fabrication.
- Knowledge of thick film ceramic hybrid design and fabrication.
- Good attention to detail, and organized methodical approach to solving problems.
- Microsoft Windows and Office proficiency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers.
- Possesses the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and the ability to lead, as well as participate on, cross-functional project teams.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Experience in semiconductor processing.
- Experience in cleanroom operations.
- Experience with prototyping equipment such as drill presses, milling machines, sheet metal tools and hand tools.
- Familiarity with optics.
- Soldering skills, circuit board repair.
- Familiarity with ANSI standards.
- Familiarity with DFMA concepts.
- Ability to estimate manufacturing costs.
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical devices.
- Able to use scientific principles and methods to understand, test, and resolve technical problems that may lie beyond the normal scope of Mechanical Engineering.
- Understanding of relevant manufacturing processes.
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join