Production Technician/Operator 1, Manufacturing, Fixed Term
Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, PO’s etc.) to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with department schedules.
- Ensure designated uniform maintained in good condition at all times and wear appropriate cleanroom apparel and gown daily according to Standard Operating Procedures where required.
- Follow aseptic technique guidelines.
- Continuously monitor product for defects.
- Read meters as needed for the weighing of products as required.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for specific tasks.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Report property damage and/or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Representative or Senior Management immediately.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Manager.
- Perform all duties according to company Standard Operating Procedures and Quality System requirements. Follow all company quality policies and maintain current good manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrate and train job functions to coworkers as needed.
- Assist with inventory process as requested.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers to complete assigned tasks this includes checking each other’s work for completeness and correctness in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals.
- Perform other tasks as required and assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work in a clean room environment if needed
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Lift up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 600 lbs wheeled kettles.
- Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 8 hours a day.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must posses basic English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal English communications
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations