When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated candidates to join the Product Development team at Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to new product initiatives for Ion Torrent DNA sequencing technology, which is rapidly changing the speed and scalability of DNA sequencing for research and clinical science.
The successful candidate will integrate and validate reagents, protocols, and instruments to support Ion Torrent product development. The candidate will apply molecular biology laboratory skills for the proper execution of Ion Torrent DNA sequencing, collect and analyze data, and present results. This position entails working with a team of experienced scientists and interaction with software and engineering teams. The abilities to execute experiments, perform statistical analysis, interpret results, and meticulously document and communicate are important aspects of this role.
- B.S.+ 2yrs or M.S. in molecular biology, chemistry or equivalent disciplines.
- Experience in nucleic acid analysis including PCR amplification and purification.
- Experience in optimization of reagents and protocols.
- Experience in statistical analysis of data sets and presentation of scientific data.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports following specific document control formats
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality data in a fast-paced, collaborative environment is necessary.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with a team of scientists.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join