As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This role is stationed at our Materials and Structural Analysis Division in Eindhoven where we develop and produce Transmission Electron Microscopes.(TEM) The role is 32 hours at least. Preferably fulltime till the end of the year. We offer a contract with solid benefits on our direct payroll
The Global Technical Support team(GTS) in Eindhoven is responsible for worldwide 3rd line support, installation management and product and process improvements of TEM products. The issues encountered at 3rd line support also form the basis for service documentation improvements and service requirements for new products.
The role of Admin Support will support the GTS team in doing preparation and execution of administrative actions. This way the GTS engineers can fully focus on providing technical assistance. This role interacts with multiple stakeholders in the GTS team, management but also in manufacturing and in our direct service organization in the field. It’s an international role.
Specific deliverables associated with this opportunity include:
- Provide administrative support to the GTS team, e.g.: create and maintain accounts for remote service on our systems, create standard (Excel) reports based on field data, create and maintain overview of license keys for microscope software, interface with Service Logistics to get required forms filled out (e.g. for a urgent shipment).
- Main admin task: Implement changes requests in Preventive Maintenance manuals and publish them. These manuals are used by the Field Service Engineers worldwide to periodically check the performance of the microscopes.
- The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Vocational or Bachelor level admin support with shown expertise in complex international environments
- Fluent in English (verbal and in writing, preferably with experience in Business English – level C)
- Easy communicator to other colleagues worldwide, both in field service and factory (not afraid to ask)
- Some experience in a technical environment is a pre
- Can organize and has basic project management skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365)
- Can work independently without supervision
- No travelling required
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join