Visual Job Safety Analysis/PPE Assessment Update Project (Safety)
1) Establish one location for all site VJHA’s and clean up/archive other sites/shared folders (currently we have JSA’s on multiple shared folders and physical locations)
2) Work with associates and safety council members to review, validate and update existing VJSA’s (fabrication & weld only)
a. This would include observing the operation in process, discussing the operation with the associates, taking photos, videos and editing documents in MS Excel
3) Work with associates and safety council members to generate new VJSA’s as needed for missing or new processes
4) Add to the VJSA’s for each operation an updated PPE Assessment tab on MS Excel in order to tie the PPE Assessment to the Operation
5) Sort and combine VJSA’s by work area, convert to Adobe Acrobat
a. Update site EHS iConnect VJSA page with the Adobe Acrobat VJSA files
b. Develop a one page instruction sheet to assist associates in locating needed VJSA
6) Print and laminate approved, completed VJSA’s to post at the appropriate machines
7) Print and assemble binders for each work area containing the applicable VJSA’s and PPE Assessments and provide to area supervisor
a. Assist work areas with review of updated VJSA’s with all affected employees and obtain signatures
8) Remove all old JSA’s from the floor
9) Create a site binder with all VJSA’s and PPE Assessments, tabbed by value stream and work area
a. Include an index with review/add dates and tracking fields to facilitate annual review
10) Make recommendations and observations as appropriate throughout the process (i.e. if the intern observes a hazard or regulatory violation, they bring it to our attention and we work together to address it)
11) Assist with development of site training materials relating to VJSA creation and use and PPE assessment process
SDS Project (Safety)
1)Create an inventory for chemicals present in all departments.
2)Ensure that our MSDSOnline ebinder contains an updated SDS for each chemical on the inventory list.
3)Archive any old SDS’s found in the ebinder.
ZWTL Enhancement Project (Environmental)
1)Create a monthly recycling scorecard for data analysis.
2)Update all current container signage to visual signs by waste stream to simplify the recycling process.
3)Develop and conduct inspections to ensure that recycling guidelines are being followed.
4) Train associates on recycling guidelines if any gaps are identified
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join