When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Life Science Business Unit within Thermo Fisher Scientific MSD provides valuable workflow solutions for biological research. The core of our offerings are solutions for 3D volume imaging ranging from atomic resolution imaging of protein complexes for structure determination to volume acquisitions of cellular compartments for functional modelling of those subcellular structures. As especially the technique of Cryo Tomography has its biggest growth potential in Cellbiology and Neuroscience laboratories worldwide, the Thermo Fisher Life Sciences Business Unit (LSBU) is expanding its team in order to support and accelerate the further growth of this business in those areas in the coming years. The position can be either be located @ Hillsboro, Oregon or S San Francisco, CA locations.
Within the LSBU, the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for all strategic activities that define and manage a range of valuable capital equipment products in the Cryo Tomography Workflow portfolio. The PMM steers development of tactical plans that are executed by the business development and sales support teams: The penetration of those new markets requires a special focus on strategic business development plans and outbound marketing strategies to drive adoption in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
Key responsibilities include, but are not exclusively:
- Working in compliance with legislation and IMS (required for all)
- Product and business development – Assess needs of customers and markets, develop business plans to create solutions that will gain market share in new market areas. Monitor business performance (incl. bookings, margin, and market position), identify issues and drive improvement actions together with the business development and outbound marketing teams.
- Collect Voice of the Customer (VoC) and Market Trends - Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific products to R&D, Sales and outbound marketing. Identify, document and communicate market trends to all parts of the organization.
- Innovation – Create the value proposition for existing and new products and new business models. Validate those with key customers.
- Strategic Planning – Develop the overall global lgo-to-market strategy, the outbound marketing strategy, specific regionalized go-to-market plans and implement Marketing Plans, in the context of Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Management Process (PMP). Conduct competitive analysis and develop competitive positioning. Create the core positioning, messaging and segmentation to enable sales organization success, establish pricing, bundling, and packaging.
- Marketing (Launch) Plan Execution – Develop highly tailored go-to-market collaterals such as presentations, demonstrations, datasheets, white papers, and studies that highlight the value proposition of our solutions to the new market areas of Cellbiology and Neuroscience. Complete regular reviews of objectives versus plan to deliver quarterly and long term business objectives. Review key metrics to ensure achievement of the marketing plan and effective product launches.
- Sales Support – Maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and works to develop them into reference customers to help sales in a region or globally. Supporting new product sales promotions in the field with direct customer interaction, commercial and technical presentations and collateral.
This position is ideal for a candidate with in depth experience in strategic business development and product marketing of capital equipment in the academic sector. The successful candidate is an experienced professional who thrives in a dynamic team, can drive market & business development and enjoys being exposed to a constant variety of complex issues that need to be resolved.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- University degree in a relevant scientific field and/or University degree in Business Administration, PhD preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of microscopy techniques in the academic environment.
- Proven experience in strategic Product Marketing & Business Development in the academic environment
- Proven experience in developing business cases, establishing new business models and successfully executing complex projects
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups
- The ability to envision new opportunities and to drive their implementation to achieve continuous business improvement
- Excellent communication ability (both written and verbal) and influencing skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences is critical to the success in this position
- Successful candidate has a strong drive for results and an ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional and multi-cultural team across multiple sites
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Typically requires 4-5 years of experience in marketing, product management or applications management in a relevant environment.
- Drive for results and an ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites
- Willing and able to travel internationally (up to 30%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join