When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for developing and implementing the San Jose site successful execution of the day-to-day manufacturing operations, in a FDA regulated environment. In this role, the Director, Manufacturing will lead an organization of +75 people including Manufacturing Managers, Production Leads and Technicians.
- Management of all manufacturing resources to ensure achievement of quarterly and annual revenue goals for the San Jose site and the Business units for which product is manufactured
- Develop and execute world-class standards and processes at the site level for the flawless and rapid transfer of products from R&D into Manufacturing
- Drives rapid stabilization of NPIs and identifies and executes appropriate strategies for leveraging low cost region sourcing and low cost manufacturing
- Provdes a significant contribution to the site
- Drives a quality-focused, data-driven culture that leverages Lean tools and rigorous root cause analysis
- Manages budgetary considerations for the manufacturing environment needed to achieve build plan and establish readiness for New Product Introductions
- Develops and implements a comprehensive manufacturing strategy for the entire San Jose site across all business units to achieve goals related to safety, quality, cost, and on-time completion of the quarterly build plan
- Leverages relationships with Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering and Product Support Engineering teams to ensure the highest level of product quality and consistent material availability
- Performance management, development and mentoring for manufacturing leaders
- Supports the Senior Director, San Jose Operations as a delegate in certain operating mechanisms within CSD Operations and Business Unit meetings
- Supervisory responsibilities
Minimum Requirements or Qualifications:
- 5+ years of direct people management required
- 8-10 years of experience in Manufacturing/Operations required
- Strong leadership and written/oral communication skills required
- Scientific or Engineering Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Lean tools preferred
- Experience with instrument/medical device manufacturing a plus
Normal office environment with a moderate amount of bending, standing and walking. May lift up to 25 lbs. All responsibilities assume the ability to speak, hear, see and be manually dexterous.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.