Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Currently we are looking for a
Gene Expression Technical Senior Sales Specialist (Gex TSS)
Candidates below ‘Senior’ level who meet fundamental qualifications will be considered as well if the desire to evolve and develop to ‘Senior’ level is expressed.
Location: Germany or Poland - Remote
The GexTSS is responsible for driving and supporting the direct sales of the Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Gene Expression consumables portfolio in order to support maintaining the existing business and to increase the number of new accounts. Special focus of the GexTSS team is the expression of genes based on RNA analysis in bigger studies and complex projects [>$20K]. Major priorities are
- find, evaluate and design custom projects based on a workflow solution.
- follow up and maintenance of custom projects through the life cycle to ensure follow up business
- support NPIs for GEX and contribute to VOCs
In addition the GexTSS is responsible for driving communicated business strategies in the territory of responsibility, forecasting, and providing marketing/competitive feedback as well as customer satisfaction relative to sales activities. This position will require an individual that is results oriented, highly motivated to succeed, operates on a high compliance level and occasionally with an extreme sense of urgency. Excellent work ethics and maintenance of high integrity level and professionalism is expected.
- Agrees to a business plan in order to meet or exceed business goals of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s commercial targets for the territory.
- Coordinates and implements the business strategy between different sales teams or sales channels.
- Partnering with different departments such as other Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance, Product Management and Marketing.
- Consistently and accurately following the sales processes including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Occasionally negotiates contracts/quotations within the guidelines by considering competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin.
- Successfully positions Thermo Fisher’s solutions to address performance, workflow and customer’s budget requirements.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of all Gene Expression related products to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Position requires a Master’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; (PhD is desirable but not essential) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology principles, applications, and methods (esp. Microarray and qPCR).
- Experience in application based consultative workflow sales principles.
- Strong self-organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Excellent business English and German language skills
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to compile and analyze customer feedback.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and motivate other team members.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Extensive previous field experience with sales or comparable customer relations.
- Ability to act independently based upon limited information by analyzing available data, proposing and implementing an action plan.
- Consultative sales experience on medium /long term projects
- Knowledge in Translational Medicine and Drug Development
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join