The Clinical Trials Division, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of the global clinical supply chain. With
unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
The Clinical Supply Chain Manager Senior (Sr. CSCM) is responsible for planning and managing designated clinical supply chain Management team activities for the Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) Clinical Supply Optimization Services (CSOS) unit. This position will work with FCS clients, packaging sites, depots, Clinical Supply Chain Managers and Drug Supply Coordinators to understand the supply chain requirements, define the supply strategy and manage clinical trial materials on the study or program level. The Sr. CSCM will provide mentorship to other members of the CSOS unit and participate in business development activities.
- Designs and implements strategic plans to supply study drug to complex global clinical trials using sound supply chain techniques
- Devises and implements inventory management plans that have complex supply chains
- Reviews, interprets and implements supply forecast plans from internal or external source documents and tools.
- Provides input into user requirement specifications of Interactive Response Technology (IRT) medication management module(s) as needed.
- Reviews IRT strategy to ensure it supports the strategic supply plans and ensures that IRT settings are adjusted to optimize the supply chain
- Executes IRT User Acceptance Testing, if required
- Leverages the inventory management capabilities of the IRT to appropriately manage studies
- Executes supply chain inventory management processes in partnership with internal Clinical Supply Optimization Services team members and packaging partners.
- Serves as the global project lead on assigned projects, ensuring internal project resources are focused on delivery and client satisfaction, leading by example and negotiating across geographic and functional lines
- Plans and manages execution of initial supplies and resupplies for assigned studies
- Ensures temperature excursion process is executed as required
- Proactively identifies potential supply chain issues, provides analysis and recommends solutions
- Performs study close out activities including returned good reconciliation, inventory destruction processing, and file archiving
- Summarizes data, prepares presentations and makes recommendations for action relative to the clinical supply chain and packaging plans
- Develops and provides client(s) with reports on actual project spend versus budget
- Negotiates effectively with clients regarding study plan without damaging relationships
- Provides recommendations on packaging design, distribution and blinding strategy with existing clients
- Develops supply chain strategies for new clinical projects and initiates activities to support strategies agreed with clients
- Works with both internal and client Project teams to ensure consistent communication of clinical trial material supply status. Identifies potential risks, defines and executes risk mitigation plans.
- Takes lead in developing solutions to solve issues with existing clients and projects
- Leverages understanding of Fisher resources to propose solutions to clients
- Identifies, recommends, and leads process improvement initiatives
- Supports communication of best practice through shared learning sessions, contribution to guidelines and SOPs
- Identifies new CSOS and other service line opportunities with existing clients and engages Business Development resources accordingly
- Establishes and maintains financial forecasts and monthly billing processes for assigned client projects
- Recognizes contracted scope of services and connects with the appropriate resources for extensions of service
- Develops and administers training on CSOS business processes
- Utilizes an extensive network in the pharmaceutical industry to generate and cultivate leads for the Clinical Supply Optimization Service (CSOS)
- Participates and presents at relevant industry conferences and seminars
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in operations management or science-related field (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical supply chain management experience
- Experienced in building and managing forecasts for clinical supply chains
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and MS Project as well as the Office 365 environment.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Significant travel (up to 50%) may be required, including international travel
- Ability to independently manage priorities and workday in a remote setting
- Certificates: Certified Project Management Professional is preferred. APICS certification (CPIM) also desirable
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills, conceptual skills
- Excellent Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organization and self-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attentiveness to details
- Demonstrated strength in leadership and coaching others
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to identify problems and work toward a solution
- Demonstrated experience with multiple global clinical trials
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Bio systems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join