When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Develop and facilitate STRAP in alignment with company goals.
- Cascade STRAP goals through to execution at the appropriate levels using strategy deployment, Parent A3s, Project A3s and TTI Bowlers.
- Executing large strategic cross functional initiatives where needed.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System across the division and functions.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Mature KPI Leadership alignment globally and the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba Walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture across CCG / RSD.
- Coach senior leaders on KPI and Bowler development as well as RCCM usage and actions needed.
- Provides PPI Business System Program support through program governance, project traceability, pipeline building and productivity savings tracking and reporting. Utilize consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Work closely with business leadership to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing PPI Business System support to multiple teams as directed.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business, as well as a High School Diploma or GED.
- 10+ years of experience as a Continuous Improvement ‘Expert’ with a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based or Business System based tools, systems, methodologies including:
- Strategic planning and strategy deployment.
- KPI Leadership and Lean Leadership (Daily Accountability, Visual Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Expertise in problem-solving in Kaizen events focusing on a formal program/process.
- Advanced Lean Tool Usage including, Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, VMS, FMEA error-proofing, material flow, and kanban.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Project and program management expertise and/or PMP certification.
- Lean Six Sigma, BB or MBB certification.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed, up to 50% if needed.
- Entrepreneurial; highly collaborative; self-directed, yet team oriented; results oriented; innovative and able to conceptualize, develop and scale new capabilities/functions.
- Effective communicator and facilitator including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills and ability to cultivate strong relationships at strategic leadership and decision maker levels internally and externally.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Project and program management / PMP certification.
- Master's degree (e.g. MBA, MSc) or Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD).
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join