The Site HR Manager provides comprehensive HR support to site(s) Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses in order to facilitate improved business performance and employee engagement. He/she is accountable for developing and implementing site(s) HR strategies to support delivery of the business objectives. This includes continuing to develop a culture based on the 4is and continuous improvement, attracting retaining and developping Talents. The role leads and coordinates HR teams to deliver day-to-day operational HR services to site(s) managers and employees through the full employment life cycle. The Site HR Manager leads site(s) Employee Relations including Works Councils & Unions I&C.
Foster strong business partner relationship with key leaders and interface with Business HR Partners to ensure full insight and high level of business acumen to create HR tactical plans that enable the businesses to fulfill their goals and drive growth.
Lead Human Resources practices that will develop and provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, productivity, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a superior workforce. Provides leadership in, and promotion of, a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture.
Create and drive a culture of employee engagement to enhance workforce performance and productivity by: driving and supporting engagement surveys ; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications ; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans ; recommending and implementing strategies for maintaining a positive work environment ; counseling and coaching employees and managers regarding employee relations issues to conclusion in line with company policies and procedures.
Support and drive change management related to the implementation of organisational effective solutions such as: M&A, integrations, organizational changes and restructures.
Lead, manage, develop and coach the site(s) HR team.
Drive talent across the site(s), including through yearly talent tracking and assessment processes. Attract and retain talent at all levels.
Work closely with leaders to identify required competencies, performance levels and appropriate development and training programs. Coach leaders to build people management capabilities.
Work collaboratively as One HR Team with all the components of the HR organization to improve effectiveness, cohesiveness and collaboration and to yield greater results for the businesses.
Partner with HR1 and the HR Platforms to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, provide development opportunities, drive recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities.
Actively contributes to integration and harmonization of HR practices, policies, terms & conditions and benefits.
Lead local unions and workers council discussions, ensuring compliance with legislation as well as alignment across the country.
Stay current on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues.
- University degree within HR related subjects
- +8 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
- Experience in managing a team
- Demonstrable experience of delivering within a matrix organisation and a performance management culture
- Experience of working within an HR Ulrich Model Structure
- Ability to quickly build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful member of a business management team that provides company leadership and direction, preferably in an international environment
- Must have the ability to challenge and influence managers and leaders
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience in employment law, union agreements & negotiations, works councils, employee relations, compensation, organization planning and development, training & development
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and coaching skills
- High level of change management skills
- Experience in the administration of compensation & benefit programs
- Understands the dynamics of the global marketplace
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organised and positive
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join