When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Field and Safety Instruments business is the merger of two legacy business units. This Regional Sales Manager role focuses on the radiation measurement instruments.
- Identify current and future opportunities within safety & security market within the region; create business justification for expanded market segments
- Act as commercial safety & security subject matter expert supporting other regions as required.
- Create a Market capture plan for each significant opportunity within the region
- Meet / exceed annual operating targets for both orders and revenue
- Maintain strategic relationships with existing safety & security customers, local federal agencies
- Prospect and identify new State and Local customers
- Perform transactional and consultative selling
- Competently promote and demonstrate full line of RM&SI products
- Implement strategic sales initiatives into the region that complement the overall business objectives
- Manage channel partner relationships including forecasting, training and goal setting
- Participate in trade shows and local technical seminars as required
- Be intricately involved in negotiations deadline requirements with internal/external resources. Respond to requests for quotes and proposals in a timely manner.
- Liaise with existing area sales managers to identify current potential targets within all markets.
- Lead new customer identification and penetration within geographic area.
- Track projects and issues closely, foster collaboration from both the business and technology groups and lead meetings during quotation process.
- Develop and manage proposal plan and strategies to win business.
- Responsible for creating, coordinating and developing complete project proposals or plans; Execute on key delivery dates and manage process and resources to achieve customer proposal requirements.
- Develop direct customer relationship/business where possible. Create Channel partners where it is not.
- Ensure salesforce.com is maintained on a regular basis. Provide detailed and accurate forecasting of projects within salesforce.com.
- Provide accurate assumptions on forecasting for Quarterly and annual AOP planning. Increase bookings through market share gain and new market development within Brazil
- Exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills.
- B.S. degree or equivalent direct experience with related college course work required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales/marketing of scientific instruments, radiation detection equipment experience preferred.
- Experience in proposal development/business development/marketing.
- Knowledge of Health Physics and radiation measurement instrumentation.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid, positive and effective professional relationships internally and externally to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of large scale, multi-year contracting.
- Well versed in value selling techniques.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Able to operate remotely while meeting / exceeding operational objectives.
- Bias for effective action.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join