Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services
Our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division is actively looking for a new
Business Development Manager Food & Beverage
In line with the strategic objectives of the CMD European Commercial Organization, the purpose of this role is to maximize the business potential through increased sustained revenue growth of our instrument portfolio in the respective vertical markets. The Business Development Manager uncovers new potential opportunities within this market and customer segment with a view to maximizing allegiance and sales revenue for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Business Development Manager uncovers the customer’s interest in our products and drives the Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition from sample to knowledge. The role interfaces and works in close collaboration with key members of the sales team, CMD Divisional marketing teams, Business Unit marketing, support and technical service groups within CMD. Embraces & lives 4I values.
Key Success Measure:
Success will be defined by significant overachievement of the annual operating growth plan in the assigned region and vertical market segment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Identifies and develops new potential customers and sales potential in the respective vertical markets with the result of growing business and opportunities and coordinates actions to enhance market penetration
- Proactively develops and drives sales strategies across the respective vertical markets
- Deeply understands account organizations and has ability to develop trust and valued relationships with major decision makers, clarifies goals and reaches agreement while maintaining the interests of all parties.
- Develops sales and account development plans, with goals and metrics.
- Supports and manages the sales funnel and forecast for sales of all products in the respective vertical markets in collaboration with the regional and country Leads and sales teams
- Works closely with the Country Commercial Sales Specialists, Field Application Specialist, and respective marketing teams
- Ability to discuss strategic and sensitive issues pertaining to customer and market needs
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with colleagues including, the Business Units & Unity Lab Services
- Provides training and coaching to country sales teams to improve confidence in selling to customers in the respective vertical markets
- Consistently meets or exceed incremental revenue growth targets, customer satisfaction and other relevant business metrics.
- Is responsible for competitive market and account info and intelligence reporting
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently communicating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to end-user customers
- Build strong collaborative relationship with the Regional and relevant Vertical and Product Marketing Teams, and the Regional and Country Leads
- MS degree in Science or Business based disciplines
- Additional MBA/other financial degree preferred
- General management, matrix management and cross functional experience
- Direct experience in a senior sales position within market area
- Embraces Thermo Fisher Scientific’s value proposition of sample to knowledge
- Understands customer markets, requirements, laboratory processes and methods and regulations within the Pharma/Biopharma markets segments
- Strong analytical skills including basic financial understanding
- Demonstrated commitment to the customer
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in Sales Business Development and/or as a strategic account executive or similar skill set
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value accounts in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in building and growing new customers
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of indirect reporting resources. Willing to take on the initiative with colleagues and customers. Good listener. Empathic.
- Ability to work on their own initiatives and schedule, to organize and prioritize their own workload
- Organized, disciplined (e.g. efficient time management) and conscientious routine reviews and process work
- Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Understanding of international business
- Must be a fluent in English and other languages of the assigned region
- Travel requirement for this role is >50%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join