Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services
Our Research and Safety Division (RSD) is actively looking for a new
Within the Illkirch site, you will manage a team of 7 and report directly to the Director of Distribution Operations in the UK.
- Ensure the growth and development of Buyers/team members in accordance with Corporate values; Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Optimize procurement and purchasing activity within the team in order to deliver against combined customer satisfaction and profitability criteria as defined by the European Director Supply Chain Planning (DoH coverage, fill rate, availability, backorder level)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders in support of the daily management of the Supply Chain and service delivery to customers.
- Ensure that work is allocated and managed across the team in an effective and efficient manner.
- Supervise and manage the team of Buyers. Be a role model leader.
- Manage Human Resources activities for the team (objectives, attendance, appraisal, holidays, performance management).
- Coach, train and develop the team.
- Manage and supervise the Purchase Order process from end to end.
- Manage and continuously improve Supplier Performance.
- Supervise and manage the returns process to suppliers.
- Improve the quality of the inventory by reducing the dead and excess risk.
- Improve service levels – availability and fill rate.
- Deliver to agreed KPI’s and AOP objectives.
- Work with key suppliers to monitor and improve service/inventory levels.
- Work with key internal stakeholders (Ops, Prod Mgt, Customer Service, Finance) to ensure efficiency/effectiveness.
- Contribute to increased customer loyalty score (CAS).
- Ensure that the team delivers timely responses to queries from internal and external stakeholders (ie supplier/customer delivery information etc). receiving phone calls.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Knowledge and experience of inventory, purchasing and supplier management activity.
- Able to supervise specialist teams of buyers.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems.
- Experience of change management and continuous improvement.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join