When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all aspects of each client contract is followed, and works to maintain proper operations of all aspects of the facility.
- Responsible for meeting operational fiscal requirements for current and new business activities.
- Oversee operations with a focus on Quality, Validation, and Facilities compliance using our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and input from our QA and Facilities departments as a guide.
- Develop CAPEX (capital expense) requirements and annual operating budget (AOP) for areas of focus. Review all purchases and invoices generated from your team.
- Interact with clients as necessary to assist in sales and customer service requirements including tours of the facility and participation in site audits.
- Assures client/sponsor documentation is complete, accurate and issued in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for packaging and shipping and all aspects of the logistics function domestic and global to support these operations.
- Responsible for government and regulatory compliance including OSHA, accident reporting, and ensuring compliance to cGMP standards.
- Ensures all employees follow safety guidelines and are properly trained.
- Works closely with the QA Manager to develop and implement training programs for operations.
- Conducts fair and accurate performance reviews on time, orientation training, and provides periodic feedback and coaching on performance.
- Follow‐up to direct client contact via email or face‐to‐face.
- Day‐to‐day coordination of multiple repository projects in process.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Requires ability to prepare reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, Word and Power Point.
- Requires knowledge of Universal Precautions, general laboratory and quality assurance/control.
- Requires demonstration of strong logic and problem-solving skills.
- Requires high level of integrity and reliability for database and inventory management.
- Requires ability to multi-task in multi-disciplines on a day to day basis including Operations, Project, QA, and Facilities Management skills.
- Requires ability to respond to on-call in support of site 24/7/365 for events such as after hour’s temperature, intrusion, fire alarms, or weather related events.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree; prefer a degree in a science related field.
- Requires 3+ years management of repository operations; shipping, receiving, cold temperature storage.
- Requires experience reviewing processes to improve effectiveness through data collection, measuring, analysis, improvement and control.
- Requires good understanding of ISO 9000 and cGMP quality standards.
- Requires familiarity with various deviation and complaint management system, metrology systems, validation equipment, data management, temperature monitoring systems.
- Requires proven ability to handle multiple tasks while ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Requires proven ability to read and interpret general procedures and governmental regulations.
- Requires proven ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence.
- Requires proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
- Requires proven ability to comprehend company and corporate goals, objectives, policies and procedures and develop the necessary measures to achieve them.
- Requires proven ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join