When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required.
- Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations.
- Communicate schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the regional revenue goals defined by management.
- Manages workload and customer requirements in the territory designated by the regional manager.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Engineers.
- Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in UConnect or Customer Support Administration department for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion.
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts.
- Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Regional Service Manager.
4-Year Science or engineer degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Field Service experience or 2+ years relevant Industry experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Experience in selling process. Proven ability to sell value based service solutions to Thermo Fisher Scientific customer base.
- Effective communication skills
- Basic instructional abilities (customer training).
- Ability to prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction.)
- Detailed understanding of service functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Specific job duties that require the physical demands itemized above include driving to a customer site, talking to customers on the phone and in person, working on customer equipment, reading schematics, repairing instrumentation, reading color coding on resistors, writing service reports and expense reports, and installing instrumentation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to environments that may contain toxic or caustic chemicals and the risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position may require occasional after hour’s duty, overtime and flexible hours in order to complete tasks. Position may also require some domestic travel for training and service needs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join