When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Manager will build, lead, train, and manage a newly created Service and Support group to support the launch and rapid market penetration of a new clinical mass spectrometry product in CDD’s Clinical Diagnostic System business unit in the US. The scope covers the entire customer experience of the integrated system - hardware, software, reagents, consumables, and includes responsibility for field engineering, technical applications support, and customer support (phone/remote). This is a role that could be located anywhere within the Bay Area with close proximity to Fremont, CA.
What will you do?
- Build, develop and manage a new team of field service engineers and field application specialists in the US to service and support the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer customers.
- Develop processes and service solution systems that are aligned with existing processes with other Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial service groups.
- Recruit and hire new field service engineer and field application specialist professionals to ensure appropriate resourcing to meet service objectives.
- Lead role in ensuring documenting field service activities, including qualification and service reports and timely submit through the required systems.
- Lead the service team to ensure timely and quality support to the customers to meet the customer expectations and the service level agreements.
- Manage the day to day operations of on-site and remote support of installation, repair, maintenance and technical application support for customers.
- Effectively communicate and align with other liaison groups such as Product Support and Sales.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Engineering disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience, with a proven track record of leading field service and support in In Vitro Diagnostics (preferred), Life Sciences or Medical Device markets
- Experience in working with complex clinical laboratory equipment in a service or product management capacity. Hands-on experience as a field engineer and/or technical applications specialist for clinical laboratory equipment preferred.
- Excellent Leadership skills, with proven ability to develop a high-performance, customer focused and responsive organization and to get things done through others.
- Understanding and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, have effective communication skills in English.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join