When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Job Summary: The associate will assemble metal components of various gauges and dimensions and spot weld for stress and position, according to design specifications and company quality standards, using a resistance spot welder. Operate a variety of metal fabrication equipment to cut, bend, shape, and form metal parts according to design specifications and quality standards.
- Be at work on time every day and be in your work area when the buzzer sounds to start your shift.
- Get along with the other associates in the department.
- Flex throughout fabrication
- Be fully engaged with the keys and be actively involved with all of the team activities for your assigned team.
- Follow all safety guidelines and ensure that all required personal protective equipment is worn for each assigned duty.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Responsible for keeping machines in good working condition by performing daily routine maintenance checks as required.
- Maintains specified department records of set-up time and parts produced.
- Reads and interprets product specifications, bill of materials, blueprints and production schedules.
- Selects and assembles specified parts - positioning at welder, in fixtures and/or lay out.
- Spot-weld various components for stress and position using a resistance spot welder.
- Visually inspects product for defects, measures dimensions or makes adjustments as needed to maintain company quality standards and specified tolerances.
- Periodically stress test welds
- Moves products to and from various welding stations.
- Maintains and orders parts as required.
- Makes minor adjustments to parts such as bending, cutting, grinding, and polishing welds.
- Operates and/or assists in the operation of various press equipment.
- Processes specified parts using deburrer, brake press, drill press, punch press, NC turret press, and other related equipment.
- Assist throughout the department as needed to facilitate the flow of work.
- Makes adjustments to the spot welder as needed, to include changing the welding arm, welding tips, welding temperature, hold, squeeze, count etc.
- Completes daily tracking sheets.
- Cleans immediate work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret product specifications and prints.
- Ability to lift 30 - 50lbs
- Must be capable of performing basic math skills.
- Must be skilled in the operation and adjustment of a resistance spot welder.
- Must be familiar with products, parts identification and company quality standards.
- Must be skilled in the use of basic hand tools, grinder, air tools and measuring equipment.
- Up to three months work experience is required to become proficient in most phases of the job.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join