When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Accountable for overseeing implementation of assigned marcom events, ensuring lead generation and brand building execution for the Materials and Structural Analysis Division in assigned region. Provide input/feedback during planning process; manage program/event budget and implements all facets of the tactics / customer-facing events (tradeshows & seminars) including outbound communications campaigns to build traffic, displays, scientific programs, internal personnel scheduling, lead generation management and local logistics. Harmonizes program messaging in alignment with business strategy. Provides on-site event support when necessary. Responsible for managing booth property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with MSD commercial and product marketing / marcom to develop and deliver effective customer facing events (tradeshows, seminar series, road shows, customer receptions) to support regional sales plan.
- Understands exhibit house processes to ensure timely booth arrangements: Coordinate the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), manage event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
- Proactively coordinates delivery of programs with commercial channels to ensure effective implementation of defined plans.
- Ensure messages and marketing campaigns provided by PLs are effective.
- Work collaboratively with MSD regional Marcom Manager and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Ensure campaigns include multiple tactics to leverage our investment; this could include production of promotional conference materials, pre-event direct marketing programs to drive traffic and registrations; supplemental workshops and/or technical presentations, web postings on thermoscientific.com and appropriate local language site(s), PR, and supporting sales tools such as fliers or reference sheets.
- Manage expenses to budget. Communicate budget status on a regular basis. Timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
- Execute and conduct post event analysis
Ensure cost-effective event implementation, high quality, post-event assessment.
- Ensures leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned MSD business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool.
- Supports the Marcom Manager in developing the Annual Marcom Plan.
- Coordinates as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
- Degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of marketing communications and/or event management experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably for a U.S. based company. Industrial market experience preferred.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills, as well as superior interpersonal/relationship skills – intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment to reach agreement and gain support for strategies/tactics; strong customer orientation
- Adept at defining processes to improve efficiency and still accommodate different business needs
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Excellent English language speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- This position can be positioned in Madison, WI or home-based.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join