Working within the company's Life Sciences Group the Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring full compliance with US and international regulations by supporting the Life Sciences Group (LSG) and Thermo Fisher trade compliance group in the daily management, execution and supervision of import and general-compliance related operations.
- Assist with the overall broker management operations.
- Maintenance of day to day broker operations
- Anti-dumping and countervailing duty reviews,
- Assist in the maintenance of US and worldwide classifications,
- Support broker reviews and processes and free trade agreement qualifications.
- Monitoring of import transactions related to the proper entities under this area of responsibility and timely resolution of import/export related issues to minimize impact to business; determining, maintaining and updating product import related classification information.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of trade compliance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited four-year college/university, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a customs or trade compliance role with emphasis on import related responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the specialized disciplines noted throughout this job description is required
- Strong hands-on operational compliance knowledge
- Direct knowledge of biotechnology, chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry and compliance requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, General Rules of Interpretation, Explanatory Notes, CROSS, audit principles, ADD/CVD and all PGAs.
- Experienced in free trade agreements NAFTA, SGFTA, KRFTA, ILFTA, AUFTA
- Knowledge of Canada, Singapore and EU compliance requirements are preferred
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with company management of all organizational levels, functional counterparts, US Government officials, and service providers
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Power BI
- Graduate degree a plus
- Prior experience working with SAP-GTS and Agile/JD Edwards/TRAX strongly preferred
- Customhouse broker license strongly preferred
- Multinational industry experience highly desirable
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join