When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Location: Field – Seattle, WA
The position manages sales execution of the synthetic biology portfolio in an assigned geography to include the NorthWest region (including Oregon, Washington, Utah, Alaska, MT, WY, ID, SD, ND as well as western Canada - Alberta and BC) in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The TSS will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. The Sales Specialist will be recognized as a technical leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of new products.
Travel will be at least 50%.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
How will you make an impact?
As a member of our dynamic, high achieving sales team, in a rapidly expanding market you will manage the sales responsibility in specific geography for the synthetic biology product line. As the Synthetic Biology Sales Specialist you will work with the district sales teams to identify, lead and drive the sales process for products in our synthetic biology. Be accountable for the pricing, prioritization and sales activity in assigned territory for synthetic biology reagents and services.
What will you do?
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain contact with customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Develop strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production
- Organize and conduct technical seminars
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products
- Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs
- Play an active role within the NA commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) is a field sales position to grow the Synthetic Biology portfolio. The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications.
Additionally he or she will be able to interact at all levels of the internal and external organization but also be a driver for the products and will be responsible for technically positioning the solutions vs. competitive products to efficiently achieve the sales quota. The Sales Specialist will ensure tight alignment with the Business Unit and maintain a level of communication with the product teams focused on training needs, market feedback and product development input.
How will you get here?
Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Excellent technical skill and experience in in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genome Editing (siRNA and CRISPR technologies), Genetics, Protein Expression and/or a related field is preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred, Molecular biology reagents and services
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent oral presentation skills required.
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
- Has or will rapidly develop contact with external customers, internal customers as well as all levels of Company employees.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join