Job Title: Senior Production Solutions Sales Engineer - EAST
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the production chemical space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Senior Production Solutions Sales Engineer is responsible for proactively managing production solutions opportunities at an enterprise level with our key customers. The Senior Production Solutions Sales Engineer will demonstrate sustained success in business development and selling solutions. The Senior Production Solutions Sales Engineer will also show a pattern of continuously meeting and exceeding selling goals in a cross-functional corporate strategy designed to effectively leverage Thermo Fisher market share and total value.
- Drive a complex consultative sale where we partner with customers to bring unique solutions to their direct material/supply chain functions.
- Develop new business opportunities at Program accounts and work in a team environment with strong interface with internal selling teams within Thermo Fisher, including Corporate Account Vice Presidents, Industry Vice President’s, BioProduction Division Core Account Mangers, and Fisher Scientific Industry Directors.
- Manage relationships with key strategic manufacturers in the pharmaceutical, medical device and biopharma industry, offering; process materials, cGMP compliant raw materials and excipients, and associated chemical management services.
- Build customer relationships that enhance our position and profitability. Also, demonstrates ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple customer functional areas such as Procurement, Production, Clinical Research, Facilities, QA and QC, Materials Management, Warehouse Services, and Pilot Production.
- Identify business opportunities in Program customers consistent with our strategic goals and supplier portfolios.
- Responsible for financial profitability and all related pro forma activities that both enhance growth for PCC as well as compliment corporate activities.
- Ability to lead and execute on Corporate Supply Agreements as well as strategic Service Agreements.
- Help identify new products, services, and vendors to expand our current product portfolio.
- A strong understanding of the Life Science industry to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers.
- Experienced selling to higher level leadership (Director, VP, Corporate level).
- Successful management of large accounts and successful broadening of account base in target markets.
- Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused.
- Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity.
- Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups.
- Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion (Thermo Fisher, Streamline Manager, Sales Manager, PSE internal resources, raw material vendors, and key client personnel).
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate specialty (preference for Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences). Ideal candidate would have MBA.
- Six + years of proven business development, sales and closing experience specific to the biotech and pharma industry segment with focus on LAMP (large account management programs).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, email, CRM, and Excel spreadsheet analysis).
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 50%+ to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows.
- Candidates can live in any of these states: North Carolina/California/Maryland/Massachusetts/New York/Pennsylvania/Virginia/Washington, DC
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join