Job Title: Senior Network/ Telecom Engineer
Requisition ID: 61066BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Staff position for Network Operations Center.
- Network design project deliverables including testing, analysis, and documentation.
- Analyze customer requirements and generate applicable configuration changes.
- Ensures the technical accuracy of all designs within the scope of the existing production network infrastructure.
- Ensures that implementation plans are complete and well executed.
- Deploys, configures, and maintains the health of the network infrastructure.
- Responsible for the day to day sustaining activities for the global enterprise network.
- Monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and resolution of issues and escalating to the appropriate technical resources to resolve issues.
- Monitors and takes action for LAN and WAN capacity planning.
- Provides advanced escalation support for all networking issues.
- Analyzes and maintains performance data to ensure optimal network utilization.
- Assists in the development, management, and enforcement of company's network security policy.
- Ensures that all network designs adhere to industry best practices for secured network computing.
- Works with IT Security Personnel to develop and implement security policies affecting network service.
- Develops, maintains, and executes documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains detailed network architecture and design documentation.
- Enforces and executes user policies and procedures regarding use of network resources.
- Complies with company's change management control process.
- Provides advanced support and guidance to other network engineers.
- Acts as project/technical lead on network enhancements.
- Participates in continuous process improvement.
- Must have valuable Networking experiences with Routing, Switching, Wireless & Firewalls.
- Completely comfortable in a large Cisco-based campus/data center switch environment.
- Familiarity with vast Cisco switches - Catalyst & Nexus DC switches.
- Strong knowledge in WANs, Routing & Switching - MPLS, P2P, DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, VLAN, MSTP, HSRP, Stacking, VSS.
- Experience with Cisco wireless deployment, configuration, and support.
- Experience with Firewalls build and support: Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto.
- Experience with traffic Load balancers: F5 LTM & GTM.
- Knowledge in Quality of Service.
- Must have at least CCNA, CCNP/CCDP/CCIE desirable. Other related technical Certifications are also a plus.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills utilizing a variety of network tools and packet capture analysis.
- Ability to develop work breakdown structures (WBS) and execute to ensure correct and timely implementation of network enhancements.
- Ability to implement innovative solutions with minimal supervision.
- Possess can do and positive attitude.
- Able to work well in a matrix organization structure.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join