When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The Product Owner provides business and functional expertise and acts as the voice of the customer in articulating and prioritizing desired functionality. The product owner is responsible for the delivery of the team being truly aligned to customer intent and business value. The product owner is the sole arbiter of the team backlog, but leans on the development team to help refine, contribute and sequence work. As an indirect leader, the product owner ensures that the team work is meaningful and impactful. This person is visionary with the requisite functional knowledge to bridge the divide between business intent and execution of the team.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Creates, refines and deletes work items in the team backlog in order to keep it organized, relevant and progressively elaborated just in time
- Works with Product Management, customers and stakeholders to ensure their wants and needs are backed into the backlog in succinct and plain language
- Owns priority of work items in the backlog at the team level with some priorities inherited from the parent program backlog
- Hosts and facilitates sprint review /demo as well as formulating relevant attendee list for each session
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Represents the their team for PO Sync in order to coordinate/communicate shifting priorities
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their Scrum Master to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
- Ensures there is enough “ready” backlog to sustain team planning every two weeks
- 8 to 11 years of experience
- A minimum of 2+ years of hands on Product Owner experience
- Experience in the Web/eCommerce space preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum and proven experience as a Scrum Master. PMI-ASCP, CSPO, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus (POPM).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.