- Responsible for the definition, coordination and completion of software development projects within the R&D software services department using agile software development methodologies.
- Responsible for staff management: recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, project assignment, and performance management of the software and QA teams
- Builds and maintains working relationships with product management, executives, assay and device R&D teams, and software team members to define the scope, timeline, and resources required for projects.
- Works with functional managers to form Scrum teams to execute software projects and helps them to succeed by making sure they have clear requirements and proper support.
- Ensures that Scrum teams are receiving adequate staffing and support to carry out their activities
- Participates in cross-functional project core teams and relays status to team members and upper management regarding the status of software projects.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected along with a reliance on extensive experiences in life sciences and software development.
- Ensure the software teams are properly following process protocols and remove any barriers to their success.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to support and leadership to colleagues.
- 5+ years of prior experience as a software developer. Java based web applications is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a software development management role of a team of at least 20 people.
- 2+ years of experience using Agile Scrum development processes with specific training in Scrum Master or Product Owner roles.
- 2+ years of recent experience in life sciences, clinical applications, bioinformatics or related domains. Experience with PCR, CE (Sanger), or NGS technologies highly preferred.
- Significant exposure to building web/cloud based applications, AWS strongly preferred.
- Excellent at interpreting requirements and communicating them in a form that is easily consumed by software developers, such as UML, State, Sequence, etc. diagrams.
- Has a good “gut feel” for what user interfaces would work well in a scientific / laboratory environment.
- Has a solid understanding of the dependencies with projects involving assay and device R&D.
- Has exposure to regulated software projects (HIPAA, FDA GMP, etc.)
- Is a self-starter and comfortable determining direction in a highly dynamic environment with significant ambiguity at the project formation stage.
- Is an excellent communicator –to customers and partners, high-level executives, as well as highly technical project team members.
- An ability to be productive and prioritize in an environment with multiple competing priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Location and Work Environment:
This position will be located in Bangalore, India. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join