When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the biopharmaceutical production materials space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs so they can develop and manufacture novel biologic and pharmaceutical molecules to benefit patients world-wide.
The Communication & Training Coordinator supports the mission of Doe & Ingalls by developing, implementing, and continually enhancing the internal communication, education, and training programs across the business to ensure all business stakeholders are able to fully demonstrate the Brand Promise, which is critical to ensuring existing customer success and growing topline revenue by successfully adding new customers. While working within the Marketing Department, the Communication & Training Coordinator will work with the management team of Doe & Ingalls including Sales, Human Resources, Quality, Operations, and the Vice President & General Manager as she/he develops and executes wide-ranging internal communication and education strategies and tactics.
This person will have responsibilities in both training and administrative areas. While the primary job responsibility of the Communications & Training Coordinator is to develop and maintain communication and training programs critical to the business success of the organization, this position will also assist with general office management, to include; ordering office supplies, distributing communications, event planning, and more. This person will also have administrative responsibilities to support the Vice President & General Manager.
- Work with Marketing and Business Leadership to outline, and then execute, a business-wide education and training program for all business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assist in the development of annual education and training goals, and help to meet those goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of current training and suggest areas for improvement.
- Assist with developing/adapting an onboarding training program for new employees for all departments.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across all departments to maintain and assist in the creation of training programs.
- Create and maintain training schedules for continuing education and career development.
- Oversee the Production Chemical Channel (Doe & Ingalls) learning management system to ensure training is in compliance.
- Other Marketing duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
- Supports the Vice President & General Manager of the Production Chemical Channel (Doe & Ingalls) business, Sales, Human Resources, Operations, and Quality.
- Maintains Vice President/General Manager’s calendars including; events, meetings, planning, and other activities.
- Organizes complex domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Prepares and reconciles travel expense reports.
- Develops and modifies new and existing PowerPoint presentations, correspondence, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintains confidential material in a professional manner.
- Facilitate new hire process and orientations.
- Support corporate objectives by editing the Monthly Business Review presentations, Town Hall presentations, Organizational Charts and other strategic projects as needed.
- Support company culture by providing and participating in consistent, reliable internal communications to the staff.
- Coordinate facility maintenance, security cards with building management, and office supply inventory.
- Event planning for Holiday Party, Business Meetings, and company events.
- Manage the fleet of company vehicles, company tickets, and weather notification system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Must be proficient in excel spreadsheets, presentation & email software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and general MS Windows operations.
- Ability to proofread and edit presentations, correspondence, announcements, etc.
- Ability to relay messages accurately, orally or in writing, and to give clear instructions to others.
- Possess strong organizational skills, with attention to detail to perform a variety of duties concurrently and accurately, meet deadlines and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated success and ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as sales, customer service, warehouse, and accounting.
- 2+ years’ experience in general administrative work supporting a team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed general business acumen.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company to internal and external clients.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join