When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Duties will include the design, build, and data collection for new test fixtures.
- Support Engineering staff during the planning, testing, and qualification phases of projects
- Assist Design and Manufacturing Engineering to create/conduct feasibility and functional studies.
- Working knowledge of various lab instrumentation and data collection software.
- Report findings and interpretations using standard reporting formats.
- Design tooling and test fixtures for experiments and qualification studies.
- Develop and oversee test plans.
- Participates as a team member or lead for improvement projects.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in engineering or engineering technology (test technician, mechanical or electrical)
- 5+ years of experience in a test technician role
- Lab test fixture and associated instrumentation design experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet programs.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to successfully carry out precise instructions with minimum supervision.
- Interpretation of electrical schematics.
- Strong teamwork, effective problem solving and sound decision making.
- Software proficiency: MS office programs, CAD (SolidWorks).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Travel: Less than 5%
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join