Job Title: Manufacturing Operator I
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Set-up the work area, at least 15 minutes, prior to the Plant shift start.
- Extract blood from unborn calves in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s standard operating procedures. The Blood Collector I will have a minimum of 5 days of supervised training with a Blood Collector II or Supervisor prior to being released to work independently.
- The Blood Collector I is required to remain at the Plant in the collection area for the entire shift. As contractors working inside the Plant we don’t have access to the entire Plant, only our collection area. A lunch break is required and should be coordinated with Plant production and collection workflow.
- During the absence of the Blood Collector II, help prepare the daily paperwork for fetal blood production, pack product in coolers, and ship coolers using FedEx to an offsite raw processing facility, if applicable. Provide the tracking number(s) of the Fetal Bovine Blood Cooler Shipping Manifest &/or Blood Receipt. Scan or Fax a copy to the raw processing lab before shipping. Contact a Supervisor if there are any delays.
- Perform clean-up duties throughout your shift as required.
- During the absence of the Blood Collector II, the Blood Collector I will take inventory of all collection supplies.
- During the absence of the Blood Collector II, the Blood Collector I is responsible for faxing the Weekly Production Analysis Report to a Supervisor.
- A Blood Collector I who works at double shift plants may be required to cover their colleague(s) shift when they are on PTO between 1-3 days.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Plant management assigned to oversee the blood collection operation.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Good communications, customer service and technical skills necessary.
- Previous work experience in a meat packing facility is helpful but not a necessary requirement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join