The Service Sales Representative role is a great opportunity for an ambitious, determined and disciplined professional with with an engineer or scientific degree to accelerate their career in Sales by joining a market leading company that values talent and invests in career development. Your main responsibility will be to sell a full and growing range of services and support products to our existing customers.
Main Position Objectives
Responsible for the end to end sales process of selling services and support products by telephone and occasional site visits, from lead generation to closing the deal. Also responsible for achieving quarterly and annual financial targets which directly impact the growth and profitability of the services and support business.
- Proactively competes for all known sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed plan. Includes direct selling of on-site services carried out by our team of professional service engineers and scientists. Gaining new business through cold calling activities, selling new services like compliance and data safe/security services and competing and winning against competitors.
- Works closely together with the instruments sales and product development team to address customer needs in the compliance sector
- Ensures that all necessary resources are used to deal effectively with sales opportunities, qualifies their business potential, develops the opportunities and closes the deals.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers in assigned territory to understand their needs and propose solutions.
- Accurately forecasts future business on a regular basis and captures strategic and competitor information.
- Starts negotiations early by planning activities well ahead and involving relevant functions such as Services Management & Product Sales.
- Makes best use of sales tools to aid territory planning and capture detailed customer records.
- Be part of an European team covering the Central Europe region
- Office-based in Darmstadt with on-demand travelling in Central Europe
- permanent position
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Degree in QA or experience in this field with ability to develop these skills quickly.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritise sales opportunities and develop sales forecasts.
- Solid organizational, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent skills in German and English both oral and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- IT degree or ability to learn and develop quickly in this field
- Strong telesales experience or clear potential to quickly learn & develop these skills.
- An additional European language would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand and use complex spreadsheets in Excel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join