When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of safety & security warranty, support, training and accessories primarily via the telephone and email with occasional in-person meetings within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers in state, local & federal law enforcement and fire response agencies. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
· Develop and maintain effective customer relations with end user and purchasing contacts within the U.S.
· Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources (field sales & technical service) to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of internal resources
· Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
· Perform sales calls with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, however occasional, face-to-face customer meetings may be required
· Research competitor, grant funding and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
· Maintain accurate pipeline of opportunities within Salesforce.com, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
· Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
· Implements customer specific action plans, working with technical support and Regional Sales Managers to close business
· Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 1-3 years of sales experience, preferably in radiation measurement products
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet. Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer and deliver superior customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to occasionally travel to customer locations, if needed
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.