Thermo Fisher is seeking a highly motivated individual to help drive our objectives to increase personalization and relevancy to each customer, leveraging multiple data science modeling and decision management applications and tools. This position will scale our capability to analytically draw upon customer data and create workflows that deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience in the right marketing channel. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of business and technical skills they will utilize as part of a team to successfully meet the position’s objectives.
- Drive data science programs and lead transformation of data science capabilities for Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Responsible for owning the decision management data science tool to administer the outputs of data science models through marketing channels
- Build targeted segments/audiences with online and offline data; first, second and third party data
- Develop audiences reaching contacts through multiple channels - email, social, 3rd party sites, partnerships, programmatic buying, etc.
- Optimize audience reach efficiency during campaigns to ensure ROI.
- Develop best practices for audiences sizing, characteristics and ability to apply demographic and behavioral data insights to audience segments
- Define data science analytics and strategy and roadmap
- Design and administrate modeling plans
- Develop, maintain and improve industry leading targeting and behavioral models to meet and exceed projected targets
- Define segmentation based on message content, offer, testing needs and determine data sources required to meet campaign requirements
- Work with data science models to develop and interpret targeted customer and prospect profiles utilizing statistical methodologies as well as models and segmentation schemes to develop actionable recommendations
- Identify and materialize model improvement opportunities through data exploration and machine learning method innovation
- Provides audiences specific to identified needs and timelines (i.e. acquisition, movers, onboarding, upgrade/cross- sell efforts, customer engagement programs, and retention efforts) in support of strategic marketing programs
- Continuously reviews selection, exclusion, and suppression logic to ensure accurate identification of target groups and test/holdout groups as applicable.
- Frequently evaluate opportunities to enhance process flows
- Validate list selection logic, segmentation, offers and dynamic output relating it back to the businesses
- Remain updated with the changing of data / sources / flows / customer touch-points
- Advocate for processes automation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience with data science
- Experience with Query language and Database Management Tools
- Experience with in- market application of segmentation schemes, demographic data, and predictive modeling.
- Understanding of and experience with all audience development channels - email, social, 3rd party sites, partnerships, programmatic buying, etc.
- Experience using SQL, SAS, IBM Cognos, Tableau (or equivalent) for data analysis
- Experience in business analysis, operations, or B2B service is a plus;
- Adept at debugging and solving problems uncovered
- Grasps logic and QA usage of any external data files
- Collaborates across teams and constantly enrich knowledge of customer / product
- Digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Maintains expertise in marketing and stays current on new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, and vendors.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Ability to work under pressure and change direction as needed.
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast- paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage details in a multi- tasked environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join