When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Life Technologies products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support for Life Technologies molecular biology product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
How will you get here?
- Minimum Qualifications: B.S., B.A. or M.S. in molecular biology or similar field.
- Preferred Qualifications: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques required. Experience in cloning, protein expression and/or gene expression profiling (RNAi, real-time PCR, arrays, etc.) is most applicable.
- Experience in an applied science area (i.e. food and animal health, clinical research, diagnostics, etc) is desirable
- Prior experience in customer service a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven technical writing capabilities
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com