The Director, Global Lab Supplies and Equipment Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing the overall Sourcing Strategy for a global commodity or specific global program for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The individual is chartered with developing a strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global contracts with preferred suppliers, identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leads global category management for assigned category to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals.
- Primary responsibility for identification, qualification and performance management of global strategic supplier base.
- Aligns team and category management processes to meet business needs and sourcing goals.
- Acts as the key interface with Thermo Fisher divisions ensuring alignment of strategies, and commitments.
- Interfaces with senior leaders to obtain sponsorship and resources to implement sourcing strategies that support their key objectives
- Manages a team of 2-3 direct reports and up to 6 matrix reports (regional and division category leaders or specialists).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join