The business critical role is responsible for the product management of mass spectrometer products and services. This will involve developing and implementing a market-based strategy for the product including translating customer and market needs using the New Product Development Introduction (NPDI) process. The Product Manager will work with R&D and marketing teams to define the product using Voice of Customer techniques that work with the customer requirements and expectations.
· Select product features, develop value propositions, and validate with customers before product introduction.
· Evaluate customer needs and new technologies and create the product requirement document
· Will collect and communicate voice of the customer (VOC) throughout the NPD process.
· Define the product roadmap and ensures it is regularly updated.
· As required from the Product Marketing team, will ensure material is prepared and ready for all seminars/shows/conferences. Also, will create spec sheets, brochures, customer benefit documents, and web pages.
· Play an active role in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) teams.
· Interact with Business Intelligence and Vertical teams to gain insight to competition comparison and competitive notes on all the key competitors as input into the annual operating plan (AOP) process.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences, or equivalent.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in product/project management, R&D or related experience with mass spectrometry is desired.
· Strong product management experience managing an entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities is preferred.
· Strong attention to detail on products. Should be able to articulate feature tradeoffs and decision processes for delivering best-in-class products to consumers.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams.
· Experience interacting with customers and partners for technical and/or product integration.
· Ability to communicate with and influence technical, product and design teams.
· Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join