Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Career Band: 4
Location: Runcorn, UK
Position Summary: To manage overall customer experience from order entry to shipment. Support Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customer service strategy, execution of best practice and contribute to the overall levels of customer satisfaction exceeding customer expectation every time. Operating within the customer service team and assisting with all Customer Service activities and other tasks/responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Ensure all orders are accurately and promptly processed advising customers when orders have been received and actioned and notify expected delivery dates.
- Supporting the Customer Allegiance programme through proactive handling of customer enquiries and queries via telephone and email providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Analyze and resolve customer concerns using established procedures. Examine relevant information to determine validity of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors and resolution.
- Monitor and carry out daily checks on the status of orders, or related tasks, liaising with all departments involved including; warehouse, Production Control, Regulatory, Purchasing and Finance ensuring that the customer is advised of any changes relating to their order.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships and support all internal and external contacts.
- Ensure any issues that cannot be resolved at first line are directed or escalated as appropriate to Technical Service, Quality, Finance, Commercial Analyst etc.
- Communicate any issues and updates to the appropriate stakeholder(s).
- Supply any necessary management information and reports, maintaining reports and monitoring report accuracy.
- Maintain ERP data including creation of new customer accounts, pricing and materials.
- Adopt a process improvement approach to support the PPI programme.
- Provide cover for colleagues as required.
- Provide cover for reception as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Undertake all compliance training as necessary including LOC, Dangerous Goods by Air/Road/Rail, Aviation Security, excel, systems training, etc.
5 GSCEs grade C or above including Maths and English (or equivalent)
Organizational and time management skills
Analytical with proven ability to produce and interpret metrics, following up on remedial actions and improvement initiatives
Ability to positively interact with other departments and communicate at a higher level is critical
Good computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Experience in a manufacturing/B2B Customer Service environment
Knowledge of Export License and Customs Law, Letters Of Credit.etc
Knowledge of LEAN office/LEAN manufacturing
Knowledge of ERP systems
Personal Skills Required
Commitment to providing excellent level of service to the customer
Ability to communicate well with all personnel (internal & external employees, customers)
Ability to work toward common goals with minimal supervision
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join