When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Product Manager that will develop multi-year product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of product platforms. This includes identifying, establishing and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
• Develop multi-year product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of product platforms. This includes identifying, establishing and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
• Perform market research; define market trends, investigate customer needs, define product concept, customer requirement and product requirement.
• Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with key accounts through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, product value proposition, pricing tactics, and customer support.
• Champion successful product launches through requirements, development, and commercialization. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Product Manager owns the ultimate customer and financial success of new product introductions.
• Manage the life cycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include five-year product line strategies, roadmap, pricing /margin optimization, management across the customer value continuum, and customer intimacy efforts.
• Work collaboratively with R&D, project managers, market development managers and key functional stakeholders across the organization.
- Recommend and execute the implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy.
- Responsible to accurately forecast for the product line
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- MBA or PhD highly preferred.
- At least 5 years in a similar role
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Experience with building product roadmaps and product life cycle managements
- Experience in building a business; advanced expert skills in value capture and creation.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking; must be creative and have the “big picture” viewpoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Track record of presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel.
- Up to 25% travel required both domestic and international
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join