Job Title: Technical Sourcing Engineer
Requisition ID: 60981BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Technical Sourcing Engineer is responsible for the technical management our plastics and electromechanical supply base. (S)he will drive cost savings initiates, product scale up, quality issue resolution, and supplier consolidation.
As parts of the technical sourcing engineering team working closely with product development, quality engineers, procurement and commodity managers to align the global sourcing strategy and supply base to drive cost reduction, manufacturing scale up, resolves supplier quality issues, and leads in the procurement and validation of new capital equipment.
- BS/MS. and 6-8 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to manage external vendors, contract manufacturers, and contract design firms
- Injection molded, machined, and sheet-metal part design
- Injection mold tooling design and procurement
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and Pro/e
- Supplier management and value engineering
- Advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, chemistry, and/or biology preferred.
- Understanding of phase gate development processes and methodologies across multiple disciplines and subject matters is preferred.
- Materials and rapid prototyping techniques
- Machine shop practices
- Low volume and high volume fabrication techniques, costs, and tradeoffs
- Experience with FDA regulated system development/design control is a plus
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.