When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
Work closely with our scientific staff on a specific project that would lead to the development of a poster and oral presentation to be presented during the Summer Science Forum. The program runs for 12 weeks during the summer and each intern will be required to work a 40 hour work week.
- Follow the policies and procedures defined by the organization. Work in a safe environment
- Committed to accomplishing expected program outcomes
- Communicate effectively
- Clear about tasks and priorities
- Work with mentor to create a high quality presentation and poster that meets or exceeds standard of Summer Science Program
- Be professional. Respectful and considerate of everyone in the lab. Be on time and report to work as scheduled.
- Keep lab notebook per regulations
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and use new knowledge immediately
- Ability to contribute to new ideas
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team atmosphere
- Ability to find new ways to accomplish tasks or solve problems
- Ability to work towards goals and results
- Ability to present information in a group setting
- Ability to manage time and meet scheduled deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality
- Proficient knowledge and experience with word processing, database and presentation software
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join