Job Title: Program Manager III, Scientific Collaborations
Location: Carlsbad, Ca.
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic R&D Program Manager III Scientific Collaborations who will apply operational excellence in the planning and execution of scientific collaborations between Thermo Fisher Scientific and strategic customers, primarily corporate accounts.
- Create a clear line of sight to revenues and/ or product development for collaboration projects, and produce sustainable results which are evident for the customer, as well as internal businesses and at all levels of the organization
- Apply operational excellence tools, including but not limited to project management and PPI business solutions to ensure projects stay on task and that issues are resolved efficiently
- Support business development and associated follow-up actions, meetings, Technology Forums/events, working sessions, and/or site visits
- Work closely with internal and external customers to accurately memorialize collaboration project objective(s), scope, milestones, lead contact(s), deliverables/ expectations, and associated timeline in an agreement to secure mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Establish effective governance, including project teams, with appropriate knowledge and skills to execute collaboration projects successfully
- Develop and implement appropriate communication strategy for project status updates, milestone achievement, and issue escalation/ resolution, including technical and business reviews
- Serve as the customer advocate to internal R&D and commercial teams throughout planning and implementation
- Work effectively across various functions including; Sales, R&D, Finance, Customer Service and Marketing, fostering a culture and practice that celebrates innovation, collaboration, and scientific achievement within R&D and the broader organization
- Analyze large amounts of information, distill and present in a concise manner
- Develop a basic understanding of product and service offerings within Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Assist with coordination of large and small scale event planning
- Possess the ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast paced organization, and make recommendations with incomplete information
- Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations, lead customer conference calls, and potentially participate in customer visits
- B.S. required, in Science/Engineering related fields of study
- M.B.A and/ or Ph.D. preferred
- Prior program management experience
- Ability to build and present a strong business case
- Able to interface effectively with a diverse audience including senior leadership
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; can flex communication style based on different situations
- Prior matrix management experience, and demonstrated ability to lead through influence across a cross-functional set of global stakeholders
- With minimal guidance, prioritizes and solves complex problems with proper judgment
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Works in an office environment. Some travel (<25%) may be required.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join