When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Reporting into the Vice President of Global Marketing for the Biosciences Division (BID), the Sr. Press Relations (PR) Manager will develop and execute PR & media strategies to create and uphold a leadership image for the Thermo Scientific BID solutions and brands, across all earned media and social influencers, in order to create market identity, customer awareness, and mind share.
What will you do?
The PR manager guides and develops and drives execution of the overall BID external communications strategy; works with internal and external PR/Media agencies to pitch and generate new business opportunities. We’re looking for someone who wants to manage all aspects of PR - from story creation to pitching to amplification & tie-in’s with social media. The position will analyze PR campaign results and course-correct tactics as needed to provide the greatest ROI.
· Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring success of communications strategy that enhances the image of the BID brands in the marketplace
· Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring success of PR programs that enhances the image of the BID brands in the marketplace
· Develop and execute strategic external PR communications plans and programs that support near-term business priorities and long-term growth objectives, refining when required to address specific opportunities and challenges. Ensures these plans align with other paid media plans
· Provide strategic counsel in close coordination with internal stakeholders and external PR/media agency teams and external stakeholders to manage proactive and reactive communications
· Represent BID working with Group and Corporate internal teams on their execution for internal communications.
· Amplify and integrate with other communications for maximum impact (e.g. social media, content, thought leadership partnerships, etc.)
· Works closely with product management, market development, channel marketing, digital marketing, external public relations agencies and/or writer/contractors to enhance BID’s image and increase product/services visibility and reputation
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media contacts at international, business, regional and trade industry publications, both print and digital.
· Publish timely divisional information, such as press releases, application stories, contributed articles, and other materials.
· Proactively pitch story ideas to create PR demand and responds to incoming media inquiries.
· Create and manage the PR calendar
· Drive external media activities at key trade shows and events
· Measure the impact and value of communications activities and provide regular updates to leadership
· Identify opportunities to promote external-facing content to internal employee channels in collaboration with internal communications team. Work with team as needed on content for Town Halls and other internal events.
· Work collaboratively with PR colleagues across Group and with Corporate Communications to align BIDs initiatives and strategies with overall corporate programs.
· Advise executives and business leaders on external communications programs and initiatives and make recommendations that support the objectives and values of the Division and the Company.
How will you get here?
· Minimum 6 years PR/Media experience in a scientific industry (agency, in-house, or a combination) with a track record of conducting successful proactive communications programs that employ creativity and use of a variety of tools, forums, media and metrics.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
· Digital marketing experience required.
· Must be both familiar with and comfortable talking about both products and science.
· Combination of strategic and creative thinker and first rate hands on tactician
· Strong relationships with reporters & journalists at scientific media and technology publications.
· Plus to have pre-existing relationships with reporters at business and technology-focused media as well.
· Articulate and persuasive communicator with strong verbal and written communications skills
· Experience managing outside agencies to maximize agency output
· Ability to work in cross functionally and cross business with diverse teams.
· Experience in fast-moving environment coupled with strong prioritization capabilities
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interview, extract, assimilate and present information
· Superior business writing and editing skills
· Proven foundation of knowing what is going on in the trenches of technology / key business issues and market trends.
· Good selling skills to market ideas and influence directly and indirectly
· Acts as a BID spokesperson to the media, for internal audiences and advocacy groups
· Ability to work with confidential information
· Ability to interact with executive-level and market influencers on a global scale, communicating division and company messaging
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join